Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm on the menu

Photographers that sell their pics on microstock sites know that their pics are being used. Most of the time, we do not know how and where though. At iStock, they have the so-called designer spotlight. Designers can show how they used pictures they bought from iStock. I think designer spotlights are pretty cool. Not only do they tell the photographer how the pic was used, they also tell you in a more general way how stock photos are used and give a clue of what designers want.



One of my pictures recently made it into the Design Spotlight. Designer Ruth Cepero from Publicus Integrated Marketing used my bell pepper slices in a menu for Flamers Charbroiled. Click on the picture to see the Menu. The bell pepper slices only play a minor role in the rich decoration of the border, but that's fine with me. It's always nice to know how my pics are being used.

No comments: